WP Mobile Detector Review
If you’re a regular at the WordPress.org marketplace, you might have chanced by WP Mobile Detector in the plugins section. With close to 70, 000 downloads, this plugin is certainly getting the attention of many marketers- especially since the boom of mobile marketing.
WP Mobile Detector does exactly what its name suggests: it detects mobile traffic to your WordPress blog. Since it is free, that does sound like a very good deal, right? But it does have a premium version that costs at least $49.95 (there are three pricing plans). And if you are wondering what makes the premium version different and if it’s worth buying, read on.
The Team Behind WP Mobile Detector
WP Mobile Detector is one of the many WorPress products created by Websitez.com. Their other products include WP Login and WordPress Mobile Pack. They also have WordPress themes like Carrington Mobile, Smooci 2, Leviathan, and more. They even offer WordPress site development services. Websitez.com’s specialty though is on developing products for mobile marketing.
Basics Of WP Mobile Detector
As mentioned earlier, WP Mobile Detector is pretty straightforward in doing what it’s meant to do. So is that it? Is that all there is to WP Mobile Detector? Here’s a list of the other features that you will get when you download this plugin:
- Detects over 5000 mobile devices.
- Ability to show you advanced mobile statistics (unique visitor count, total visits, mobile search engine bots)
- Easily customize blog appearance (content format and image resizing)
- Includes seven pre-installed mobile themes
The free mobile themes are coded in jQuery so it is very lightweight and works without any problems in most browsers. And even though they are free, each of the mobile themes that come with WP Mobile Detector feature collapsible menus, dynamic page loading, touch-optimized layers, widgets and more.
The WP Mobile Detector free mobile themes are called: Jester Mobile, Anakin Mobile, Casper Mobile, Colbalt Mobile, Mojo Mobile, Viper Mobile, and Bluesteel Mobile.
17 Reasons To Buy The WP Mobile Detector Premium Version
Without a doubt, every marketer should practice skepticism when facing a paid version of a free tool. WP Mobile Detector is one example. As you can see, the free version has a lot of benefits and is pretty powerful on its own. So what’s in the WP Mobile Detector premium version that makes it worth the extra bucks? Websitez.com gives at least 17 reasons:
- Nine pre-installed mobile themes
- Interactive theme editor
- Automatic mobile device detection
- Can differentiate standard versus advanced mobile devices
- Detects more than 5000 mobile gadgets
- Has the ability to redirect users to a different website of your choosing
- Advanced mobile statistics
- Customizable content format and image sizes
- Capability to support a customized mobile theme or a theme you created on your own
- Optimized for touchscreen devices
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Lets user choose which format to see: mobile theme or normal theme
- Multilingual support
- HTML 5 compliant
- 5 out 5 score for mobile readiness from Ready.mobi (prestigious mobile- readiness testing tool)
- Mobile themes use the Websitez.com framework
- Mobile themes fit personal and corporate website design
The Cost Of The Premium Versions
If those 17 reasons have convinced you to buy the premium version, there are three packages that you can choose from:
Option 1: 1 Website- $49.95
Option 2: 5 Websites- $129.95
Option 3: Unlimited Websites- $249.95
All of these packages are covered by Websitez.com’s 10-day money back guarantee. You can also contact their support system anytime if you have some problems with installation or theme customization.
Is WP Mobile Detector Better?
With all the different WordPress plugins that can turn your website into a mobile-friendly website, what makes WP Mobile different? Better yet, can we assume that it is better than others? (Check out my reviews of other mobile marketing tools here.)
WP Mobile Detector lets you do what mosts plugins of its kind will let you do: change themes and colors, upload logos, videos, images, add mobile ads and overall, just make your website a much more inviting environment for your mobile viewers. But here’s what makes WP Mobile Detector different, and in some ways, better than other plugins:
- The plugin’s interactive theme editor is extremely easy to use
- Low maintenance (in minutes, you can have you mobile site up and running)
- Reasonable and affordable pricing options
- Vast list of recognized mobile devices (over 5000) that includes tablets
- One of the most trusted tools in the WordPress marketplace
There is no doubt that WP Mobile Detector will help you achieve your goals in regards to branching out to mobile marketing. Why don’t you try out the free version first and decide for yourself whether the premium version of WP Mobile Detector is worth your hard earned money.Tags: mobile statistics, Carrington Mobile, mobile devices, premium version, detector premium version <BR/>